Monday, May 20, 2013

   Hey Everyone! Hope you're all doing well! It's been a pretty interesting week over here in Atsugi so far. It's a new area, which means I'm back to square one again. I don't know where anything is, I don't know who any of the members are, and I don't know any of the investigators. But it's been fun! It seems like it's going to be a really fun area.
   Ok, so maybe I exaggerated a little. I don know some of the members. There are a few people here that went sports night back when I was in Yamato, and there's actually a student attending the English class here that move to Atsugi about the same time I transferred out of Yamato. Definitely didn't see that one coming. It's been pretty fun though. There's a lot of fire in this ward. They're all really excited about missionary work. I'm excited to get to know them all better.
   Elder Hoshino is quite a character. I still haven't figured him out yet, but we have only been companions for a week, so I guess that's to be expected. He's 23, and is from Iwate. He's a pretty good cook, and can play the violin. He's able to pop just about every joint in his body on command, and it's pretty gross to watch, especially when he does his hands. He just wiggles his fingers around and they start going crazy like pop corn or something. He's only done it the one time to show me though, so that was good. I'm sure we'll manage to have a lot of fun together.
    So, on Monday, we went shopping and found something pretty interesting. Dragon Fruit! What is dragon fruit? I had no idea either, that's why we bought it. It's pretty good. Not my favorite fruit in the world by any stretch, but it sure looks cool. The inside of the fruit is just solid white with black seeds everywhere, so it looks even cooler when you cut it open. Speaking of dragons fruit, do you know what else is cool? Dragon flies! And no, dragon fruit and dragon flies have nothing to do with each other. Haha! So, anyways, I didn't know this, but apparently dragon flies bite. Nasty little buggers. I found this out when we were riding a train, and this dragon fly flew into the train car and got stuck. It kept flying into the window trying to get out, so I just grabbed it. While I was getting my camera out to take a picture, it started biting my finger. That was surprising. But, thanks to my years of intense training, I was able to get the best of the dragon fly, and keep hold of it long enough to take the picture. Haha!  
Sorry this week's email is so short. I can't really think of anything else to say. I hope you're all doing well!  I'll be sure to try to write a better letter next week! See you!

Elder Blake

No comments:

Post a Comment