Monday, January 06, 2014

Hey Everyone!

   It's been another good week here in Kichijoji. Things have been getting colder lately. It'll probably be getting colder until about February, or so I've been told.

   Let's see, what happened last week... to begin with, we got a new group on missionaries this last week. We went and picked them up from the airport on Tuesday. We got there about 4:30 or so, but the plane didn't land for about another hour. We went to wait for them, and there was a huge group of mainly middle school girls in a crowd waiting for someone to come. They all had cameras and signs and stuff, so clearly they were waiting for somebody famous. We asked around a little bit, and we found out that they were waiting for some person named Ariana Grande... whoever that is. Someone said she's a singer, doing something for Nickelodeon. That was really fun to watch all these people waiting, getting false alarms every now and then. She finally showed up, and it turns out she was on the same flight as our missionaries, so when all the missionaries came out there's just this huge group of middle school girls just screaming and cheering. Yeah, they were confused. It was pretty funny. 

This is all 7 of the Kichijoji Crew (if you don't count the AP's)
  on New Years Day with the sunrise. After everyone got back
from the run they joined us up on the roof and got
this great picture. This is the morning of transfer day,
which means nobody had actually transferred yet, so this
 is the crew from last transfer. LtoR: Elder Fukuchi,
Fernelius, Me, Sister Brown, Wells, Sasaki,
Elder Hosoda, Eall
   We got our jet-lagged new missionaries back to the mission home and put them all to bed. Wednesday morning, the first day of the new year, everybody got up at 6 to "run with the president". President Wada goes running every morning, and in an effort to get more missionaries to actually exercise in the morning, he invited the whole mission to get up at 6 and go running with him from the 1st to the 3rd to try and get a habit formed. Of course, most missionaries wouldn't actually be running with President Wada, they would just be running at the same time as him. However, all the new missionaries staying in the mission home got to actually run with the president. So there we are, 6 o'clock in the morning, a group with 20+ white people just pelting down the road. The looks on some of those Japanese people's faces were priceless. Elder Fukuchi, Hosoda, one new missionary and I lead the pack out in the front, and we ended up breaking off and finishing way ahead of everyone. We got back to the church and went up on the roof to watch the sunrise on new years day. It ended up being really fun. After the sunrise, the rest of the missionaries all got back. Turns out that we somehow missed the memo that everyone was going to watch the sunrise from the park we went running at. Oh well. Even though it was just the four of us, it was still way good. The church roof had a great view of the sunrise.

   Thursday night, the 2nd day of the new year, all the missionaries in Kichijoji went to have dinner at a member's home. That is, except for Elder Fukuchi, Hosoda, and me. We stayed behind to go to sports night. There was a lot of debate as to whether or not we should cancel sports night for that week because of new years, but we knew that despite it being new years there was a good chance that somebody would probably show up even if we did decide to cancel it. So, just in case, we stayed behind. Turns out it was a good thing we did, because there were in fact three non-members who showed up. President Wada's two sons came down and played with us, and the two returning missionaries who were staying in the mission home that night came down too. when all was said and done, we were able to have a pretty good game. That turned out well.

That's about it for this week. Hope you all have a great one!

Elder Blake

No comments:

Post a Comment