Monday, December 02, 2013

Hey Everyone!

So, I just wrote a few days ago. There have been a couple of things that have happened though. This week will definitely be alot shorter than the last one though. I guess that'll balance them out just perfectly then. haha!

Friday there was an all Sister's conference here in Kichijoji. They had asked me to interpret for that as well because they wanted all the sisters to be able to pay attention and focus, and if one of them was interpreting that makes it pretty tough to take notes and whatnot. So, Elder Crandall and I were companions for the day and went to that. It was kind of strange. I mean, we were the only two guys at this thing, and it was specifically tailored to the sisters and their needs. 

Sunday was pretty good. We went out and hit the streets for a little bit, and got to talk to some pretty cool people. We actually found a guy who was baptised almost 40 years ago but hasn't been to church in who knows how long. We invited him to a Christmas Concert this next weekend, and he might come to that. We also gave him a Book of Mormon because he didn't have a copy of one anymore. So, we'll see where that goes. 

Today was pretty fun. We went and had lunch with Ishii. He's a member from Atsugi, but I met him back when I was in Yamato because he attends the English Branch in Yamato. I did bump into him a few times in Atsugi too though. Anyways, Ishii called me up last week to tell me something. I had completely forgotton until he called me, but the day I transferred out of Atsugi he called me in the morning and said he had a favor to ask. He wanted to apply to the BYU Provo English Learning Program, but the application had an essay portion that had to be written in English. So, we met him up at the church, I helped him write his essay, then transferred later that afternoon. Ishii was calling to tell me that he had been accepted, and that he is going to the states on December 12th. I told him that he should come see me before he heads off to the states, so he did. We went and had lunch together today, and while we were talking I found out that he knows Clark Sensei from the MTC. That's also when I found out that he's married now. Ishii showed me pictures on his phone. Looks like it was a great wedding. Ishii tried calling Clark Sensei right then too, but he didn't pick up. Oh well. 

Yup. And tomorrow is Elder Yamashita's Birthday. Elder Medeiros had the idea to fill his office up with balloons. Fortunately for him, I have experience in that department. Haha! We're still not quite done yet, but it's getting there. It'll be fun.

That's about it since Thursday! Take care everyone!

Elder Blake

No comments:

Post a Comment