Tuesday, June 12, 2012


    Well, one more week down, and only a few more to go before I'm off to Japan. It's been a rather interesting week just because it's been rather uneventful, but at the same time it's had its fair share of adventure. On Wednesday my companion picked up a nice war wound during gym time. He took a shot to score a goal in soccer, but it was blocked by someone on the other team, and the ball rocketed up into his face, sending his glassess flying a good 20 feet in the air, and splitting his eybrow in the process. It was long enough that they thought he would need stiches, but when we got to the health clinic they decided to just close it up with steri-strips to see how those worked. They took them off yesterday, and Elder Howell still has a pretty nice scab, but it's closed up really well and it shouldn't scar too badly. On Sunday I ended up singing during sacrament meeting with 5 other elders from my district. That probably blew your mind, huh? I don't expect it to happen again anytime soon though. This last sunday was also the first Sunday without the Senpai, so everyone was really nervous about being selected as one of the two missionaries to speak in sacrament meeting (in japanese). I realized as we were waiting for sacrament meeting to start that I had forgotten to prepare a talk, but I wasn't worried about it since I had already spoken the first week we were here and I figured I wouldn't be called on to speak again. I'm sure you can all guess what happened. I was asked to speak. Again. So that was fun.
    Other than that there hasn't really been a whole lot happening out of the ordinary for life at the MTC. Just long days with lots of studying, and the occasional adventure here and there. Oh, and here's a little piece of wisdom that I'd like to share with you all for the week: "You can't grow a garden without a garden". Have fun trying to figure that one out. That was from one of our lessons with Clark Sensei, and it actually has a significant and deep meaning, along with being mildly amusing. Well, I hope you're all doing well! More to come next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment