Monday, October 7, 2013

Hello Everyone!

   Sorry for writing a little later today. We had zone p-day this morning, and afterwards we ended up having an unplanned shopping trip with some of the other Elders. And when I say shopping trip, I mean we tagged along while Elder Thurman went to go buy new pants. Why go back and sit in our apartment for several hours when we could be out with other missionaries?
Elder Otsuka took a picture with Elder Olson at his last sports night
 (Elder Olson is going home tomorrow), and Elder Nagaoka jumped in.
 Sister Brown and I managed to get the photobomb in the back too.
It's just overall a funny picture. Haha!
   I hope you've all had a great week! It's been a pretty good week over here. It was a little slower than usual, but we were able to get a lot of groundwork laid that will hopefully pay of in the coming couple of weeks. We've been giving a pretty heavy focus to General Conference coming up this next weekend (for Japan... time differences and all). We're trying to get as many people as possible to come. We've gone through all the contacts in our email and sent an invitation to everyone, whether we know them or not. We're also inviting all the students at the English class we teach every Wednesday for community service. On the church's website, they made banners that you can post on your Facebook page or on a blog to invite people to conference. I've been waiting for the Japanese ones to get put up so I can have the ward mission leader send the links to the whole ward, but when they finally got put up, I noticed that they had left the date the same instead of pushing it back a week to the date they're broadcasting it in Japan. So much for that plan. But, it'll be good! I'm really hoping we'll have a good turnout!
   Elder Otsuka has been having a really hard time this last week. Not emotionally or anything, he's just been having a lot of accidents. Haha! One day after study, I got up to go in the kitchen, and I call through the doorway asking him what he wants to eat. In a sudden burst of energy, he jumps up out of his chair and skips on over to take a look at what we have. As he goes through the doorway though, he hit his head on the door frame on an up-skip. I felt really bad for him, but just couldn't help but laugh. He laughed too though, so it was ok. Another day as we're coming back to our apartment, I rounded the last corner before we park our bikes, and as I'm getting off my bike I hear Elder Otsuka crash. I turn around, and he's on the ground all tangled up in his bike. I asked him what happened, and he said that he was trying to see how late he could wait to turn. That means he ended up putting the handlebars at 90 degrees, which doesn't exactly work very well. Poor guy.
   So, today is another new transfer. That means that transfer calls will be tomorrow, and if I transfer then I'll be moving on Thursday. I've only been in Fuchu for two transfers though, so I'd be surprised if I go anywhere. I'll let you know next week what happens.
Take care everyone! Send you more next week!

Elder Blake

No comments:

Post a Comment