Monday, October 15, 2012


   Hey everyone! It's been a way good week over here in Japan. It's been great having this opportunity to work with Elder Nakamura. He's a great missionary, and a fun companion. I'd have to say the highlight of the week was definitely general conference. It was a little different watching it a week late, but the talks were all still great. I was able to watch it in english, but I ended up watching about half of it in Japanese so that we could sit with a Japanese investigator who came. I'm really glad they came, because the talks during the session they came to had alot of things in them we had been preparing to teach them anyway.
   So, I still need to read the talks that I watched in Japanese, (I understood enough to get a general idea, but that was about it. After all, general authorities do tend to use some elevated language at times.) but my favorite talk so far was Elder Russel M Nelson's talk, "Ask the Missionaries! They can help you." It may or may not have anything to do with the fact that I'm currently serving a mission. Haha! But it was my favorite, mostly because he so clearly and directly spoke to those who were watching who were not members of our faith, which obviously includes our investigators who came. Haha! I find this slightly amusing. You all watched conference last week, and have already finished discussing your favorite bits, and here I am and that's all I can really think about to share. Well, I guess you'll just have to put up with it.
   Um... what else is there... Oh yeah! So I neglected to tell you about our new investigator that Elder Christensen and I found the last week before he transferred. His name is Eduardo Suarez, and he's Brazillian. He's lived in Japan for 20 years though, is married to a Japanese woman, has a son, and speaks fluent Japanese. Oh. and he's wicca. Yeah. We have a wicca investigator. This should be interesting. Anyways, we haven't been able to meet with him yet, because Elder Nakamura and I have been so busy with his new responsibilities as the district leader. Well, when we went grocery shopping today, guess who we saw at the store? Eduardo. Guess who we're having a lesson with this wednesday? Eduardo. I'm excited.
   So I recieved a birthday package from my family this week. No, I have not opened it yet. I've been a good boy, and I'm waiting until the 16th to open it :P It's been sitting on the extra chair in our apartment all week. I'm not sure if I've already mentioned this, but I actually found out that Elder Harrison actually has the same birthday I do. So tomorrow we'll be celebrating a double birthday! well... Ok, I'm not sure if we'll be doing anything special or not (probably not), but both of us have a birthday tomorrow! I'll be sure to let you know if anything exciting ends up happening though.
   Here's an interesting story that's actually from my Mom's email to me this week. She got me pretty good. As I was reading through, it said that my brother Jared had a new room mate, I was just like, "ok, cool. That's new". And then the email referred to the new room mate as "she" I was just like "What!?!? This will be good." Then I kept reading and found out it was a cat... haha. Yeah, she got me. Well, my family can enjoy their new cat. I'm just grateful that I won't have to live with it for the next year and a half. Most of you probably already know, but I really am not all that fond of cats.
   So yeah. Those are the big things from this week that come to mind. I appreciate all the support from you guys! I'll be sure to fill you in on our crazy adventures some more next week! Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment